Office Hygiene – “The Facts”
Some simple facts relating to office hygiene that many of us were blissfully unaware of!
• When someone is infected with a cold or flu bug the surfaces they touch during the day become germ transfer points because some cold and flu viruses can survive on surfaces for up to 72 hours
• A keyboard is a tray and catches nasal droppings, food, skin and hair
• Enough skin falls of a human to fill one tea cup a day
• 31% of men and 17% of women confessed to not washing hands after going to the toilet
• One in five said they did not bother because their hands looked clean
• E-Coli naturally lives in your intestines but you can find it on your phone.
And some simple measures to protect your office!
• Use a disinfectant wipe once a day on your desk, phone, computer mouse, keyboard and desk drawer
• Don’t store food in drawers as it makes them mouldy
• Bin anything edible in the fridge or on your desk on Friday that’s been there since Monday
• Use hand sanitisers regularly
• Wash your hands often
• View desk hygiene as a regular task, not something to do in the gap between quiet times.
City Cleaning protects your office, reducing sick leave and increasing staff morale. Give us a call for a free hand sanitizer and consultation today, even the call is free 0800 246 1089